Monday, September 27, 2010

rainy day

Looks like warm weather (20's) and rain for most of the week! Oh well - typical Fall weather, I suppose.

well, it's been one of those days....

My Open House went well. The property is conditionally sold, but since the open house was booked already, I was obligated to go ahead with it.

My first group through were 3 elderly couples travelling together (or in a pack, one might say, maybe a gaggle...or a pod....)

Anyway, the very first words out of one old fellow's mouth was "how come you Renfrew agents list properties in Arnprior?" (free country maybe?????) Then, when I explained that, although the seller lived in Arnprior, I had been working with her off and on for a couple of years, he said she was retired so how could I have worked with her? So, I explained that I MEANT "working" as in showing her properties. sigh - I should have stopped being nice right there!

While I was talking to him explaining this, he wandered back to the pod and then came back and told me I had the address wrong on my listing - "it is Drive not Street" he apparently felt obliged to tell me. Since my listing said Drive not street, I don't know what the hell he was referring to - maybe the newspaper ad - I don't know - and I don't care -old coot!!

When he said he liked the place and might be interested in buying it, I explained that there was a condtional offer on the property. So, he said if I'd tell him what the offer was for, he'd bid a dollar more and buy the place himself!

By THAT time I was TOTALY, freaking sick and tired of this old guy and happily told him I could NOT tell him the amount of the offer!! He didn't like that and with anyone else, I would have explained about the confidentiality of offers etc. but honestly, I was just sick of him!!! I was quite happy when he grumbled his way outside. Being old should NOT give one the right to be that cantanerous!!!

Several other nice people through, which reminded me that people can be nice and pleasant!

Today, I had the dubious pleasure of wasting a ton of time on the phone trying to get a RBC branch phone number. no matter what number you call for the RBC, it goes to a main number where you get someone who can't help you - but sounds real cheery and chipper in spite of not having a clue - and won't give you the phone number you want!!!

Finally on my 3 or 4th call and after many, MANY, MANY minutes of being on hold, one nice young man finally agreed to put me through to the manager of the RBC Kanata branch I needed to contact.

I'm not sure why he suddenly put me through when no one else would - maybe it was the tone of my voice or mayby it was when I said, that since I only lived an hour away from this particular branch, I could always get in my car, and simply DRIVE there!! ANYHOO, he put me through and I talked to the manager. I still don't have the branch phone number though......

hahaha - he's probably blogging tonight about the grumpy old real estate lady he had to deal with today!!!

Then this afternoon was a quick trip to Douglas for a market evaluation and then on to meet up with an electrician at one of my listed properties on Mink Lake. - busy day.

no pictures - sorry, guys- too tired to look up some old ones - but here's a link to one of my favorite game sites -always good for entertaining oneself while sitting on hold!

http://www.memory-improvement-tips.com/escapa.html

hope this link works -for some reason, I can't copy and paste in this blog any more. one more weird technology thingy, that WAS such a timesaver and now doesn't seem to work in an increasing number of places.

Another technical weird thingy - is a website called Geni that Phil put me on to - it's a geneology website which is kind of neat. I forgot my password the other day and for some reason my password reminder came in Swedish (I think - I can't actually READ it - but it looks Swedish) Now when I log into my Geni account - everythings in Swedish - and since I haven't a clue what I'm reading in Swedish, I have no idea how to fix it - cuz, I don't know what to click on. At this point, I don't think I care any more.....,........ g'night, all!

1 comment: