Wednesday, April 20, 2011

strange days....



this is some of the weirdest April weather we've had in a long time. We've had some very nice days - last week I saw someone in shorts and "scandles" - yesterday and Monday I hung laundry out and today we had freezing rain and snow!!!






Well, we managed to log a LOT of miles over the past week or so. Over 400 kms on Saturday as we were showing properties in Matawatchan and then Barry's Bay area. Long day. On Monday we were back on the road - 180 kms that day!






Today we stayed put - didn't want to venture out on the roads if we didn't have to! It was nice to relax for the day, bake some bread, have a nice fire, watch TV.






Kris has not put out any deer pellets for a while now but when we looked out this afternoon, there were two deer quite close to the house sniffing around for food. I guess the snow has them a bit confused. Our bird feeder was exceptionally busy - anytime I looked at it, there were literaly dozens of birds around it.






Don't have any big plans for Easter - I imagine we'll cook a turkey - hopefully, Jamie and Julie will be able to come up for dinner - but I'm cooking a turkey anyway!!!






Today's picture was taken this morning of the deer looking for food. these two don't look to old and they were actually quite wary of our cat Buddy who was out there - they stomped there feet at him several times before taking off into the bush

1 comment:

  1. Yup, I wish I were still in Florida where in mid 80's to low 90's. I had an email yesterday from friends who leave Florida today to return home, they were not happy to hear about the weather. I guess all of this weather will pass.
    john

    ReplyDelete