Wednesday, November 23, 2011

first snow of the year



Well, we had a little bit of snow last night - it is still on the ground, but since tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be plus 9, I don't imagine it will stay. At least I HOPE it gets up to plus 9 - I've got sheets on the clothesline!




We had a nice weekend with brother Phil and his wife, Janet, up on Friday night. They left their much-loved VW Rialta with us for the winter. They brought their lovely dog, Tasha, with them. Tasha is a very calm, easy going doggie - but as usual our 4 cats vacated the downstairs until she left. Funny, none of our cats get along particularly well (other than Nibbles and Buddy who are mother and son) but when there is a dog in the house, all internal battles are temporarily set aside while they all retreat to the safety of our bedroom - where they sit on the bed - one on each corner until the dog leaves. Nothing like a common threat to bring a family closer together - hahahaha

Then on Sunday we had our final NASCAR race of the season. Bill and Andrea came up and much to our disappointment our driver, Carl Edwards, failed to hold off Tony Stewart who wound up winning the championship by just a point or two. Oh well - it's been a good season - we're all looking forward to next year.

Guess it will soon be time to get the house decked out - I don't like to start much before early December, though. If I get the stuff up too early, I'm sick of it by Christmas. I would like to try my hand at some new Christmas-y recipes this year. I've been watching Martha Stewart and I'm inspired! (I did feel she went TOO far in turning turnips into candle holders.....)

Today's picture is taken from my front door this morning - just a bit of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment