Sunday, April 18, 2010

miles and miles


I've certainly been running the roads a LOT for the last week or so. probably put 400 - 500 kms at least! I've been to Calabogie several times and then Foymount (up near Eganville) on Friday. Yesterday, I looked at a place near Centennial Lake (Calagobie/Griffith area) In fact, I've been sooooo busy, I had to go online to find out where the race is this weekend (Texas, in case anyone else is wondering!)

On Friday, Rick was off to Pakenham for his annual "Mitel" golf tournament - but the weather was so miserable, that after a few holes in the pouring rain they decided to call it a day (a BAD day) and since sitting around in the bar in wet clothing didn't appeal, Rick simply packed it in and came home. I hope he will get back for another game, though - the club did give them a club credit - so he might as well use it!

Kris gets the sutures on his leg out tomorrow - the area around the sutures started to get infected and he went in the emergency Friday night hoping to get them taken out a bit early but the doctor on emerg. was reluctant to remove Dr. Miller's handiwork and put him on antibiotics instead. I'm sure he'll be happy to finally get them taken out tomorrow morning.

I spoke to Jamie yesterday - he only has one week left in his course and is quite confident he'll come out with a very comfortable pass. He does continue to work part-time - he banks his hours until he is back to work full-time and then gets a nice pay cheque! Also, the government sends him a cheque for $1000 when he passes each level, so that helps him out as well.

I'm quite looking forward to this coming weekend when our very good friends (and ex-neighbours) are coming for a visit for. We don't get to see Pam and Terry very often, so I can't wait to see them.

I hear it's raining today in Texas - sure hope it stops in time for the race!

today's picture is of Calabogie Ski Peaks - look! there's still snow on the hills!

No comments:

Post a Comment