Thursday, April 22, 2010

We're sickies

Once again, a nasty end-of-season cold has blind-sided us. Feeling fine one day, lousy the next day! I'm sicker than Rick, who isn't 100% sure he's getting it, he might have just been over-doing the outdoor work yesterday causing him to feel tired and achy. I, on the other hand, can say, without a doubt, that I have a cold - sore throat, achy muscles, stuffy head and a cough. this sucks!

Kris's lizards have been busy - as in procreating! We have a new baby lizard about 1 inch long - I'd take a picture, but Kris was worried the flash would blind him, cuz he's so tiny. Can you imagine, a 1 inch long, BLIND baby lizard? Only Kris would be concerned - me? not so much.....

Anyway, for those interested, the baby cannot eat the live crickets, who are, of course, bigger than he is - so he must be fed baby food or wingless flies (??? - if they're wingless, how can they be flies???) However, no wingless flies to be had at the local pet shop, wingless flies are a special order (no, duh!!!) - I think we'll manage with the baby food. He's so tiny, Rick thought of putting a bit of baby food on a toothpick, but we were afraid of skewering the poor little fellow, so we're going to let Kris handle the feedings for now.

Last night Rick went up (as he generally does) to shut off the lights in the lizard home, this tells them it's time to sleep (btw, I can't tell the difference between an awake one and sleeping one....) anyway, the lights also keep the home warm and Kris was quite upset to come home late last nite and find the baby damn near frozen. again, me? not so much....

Weather-wise it is quite cold today compared to earlier in the week when it was bare feet and "scandals" - back to shoes and socks today, although I do see some brave souls out in shorts and sandals!

no new pictures today - but I change my blogger picture to one of Buddy! He's VERY cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment