Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Nice day!

Today is a very nice day - a bit on the cool side (I'm okay with that) but sunny and very pleasant.
I really have no excuse for not posting here for a while - just lazy I guess. Not much new - had a rough weekend in the hospital from Friday a.m. to Sunday. Well, it was only Friday morning that was tough - the rest of the weekend was just sitting around in the hospital under "observation". By Sunday aftrnoon the doctors decided I was fine (just severe and pretty well unexplainable stomach pains) and I was discharged.

Don't know what brings these episodes on and therefore can't really do much to prevent them - might be twisted bowel, might be scar tissue from previous surgeries - don't know - CT scans & X-rays show all is well, so I'll just forget about it and carry on.


All I can say is thank goodness for my Nintendo DS game!! I played it a LOT while being "observed". And Saturday Rick and I pretty well had the Ronald McDonald TV room to ourselves and we settled in for the Barrett-Jackson car auction on SPEED channel. It really wasn't too bad - comfy chairs, TV, my DS game, cell phone - just like at home!!!!! We really have a super hospital out here with good people and services. The food is very good too - but this time, I was on a light diet, so didn't get much in the way of food. But, to show how good this place is - on Sunday morning, I was given my breakfast tray of juice and oatmeal and the nurse (thinking I wouldn't like oatmeal) offered to order me some scrambled eggs and toast instead. But, I LIKE oatmeal, so I kept it! I doubt one would get THAT service in the bigger hospitals.


Jamie has started a new job -for the past several years he's been at the Canadian Tire in Barhaven & it was through them, that he got his apprenticeship card, but it was time to move on. It only took him a week or two to find new employment - he was hired in at a shop around the corner from where he lives - very handy. He started yesterday and so far thinks the job is awesome. I think he will at least get more true mechanical experience here as Canadian Tire was a lot of brakes, tires, oil changes etc. As I said, it was but time to move on.


Real estate continues to be quiet - listing properties, but not much is selling - a lament I hear from other agents too. One agent who's been around for a long time predicts a busy August - I can handle that!
today's picture is Buddy chasing light reflection the wall. We had a laser pointer last year and he and Nibbles would FREAK OUT chasing it around - good fun! well for us....we finally had to put it away, cuz they were going a little nuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment