Sunday, June 13, 2010

You can't find EVERYTHING on the internet


contrary to popular belief, not EVERYTHING one wants or wants to know about can be found on the internet!!!!!

case in point.......

I would like to re-arrange our bedroom and place our bed angled out from the corner. Now, we do not at present, have any sort of headboard so having the bed kitty-cornered will present a problem such as pillows falling off etc. So, I figured I would look for a corner headboard - must be able to find one on the net. WRONG!!!!! although there were many sneaky links like http://www.cornerheadboards.com/ or find 10,000 corner headboards at http://www.bizrate.com/ that would lead one to believe that one was hot on the trail of what one was looking for!!!

so, then I figured Rick could build me one out of plywood and stain it - sounds simple - I want a simple corner shaped headboard with maybe one level of bookcase. There are a million woodworking plans and, again in spite of misleading links, not one freaking one of them has a plan for a corner-shaped headboard!!!

A colossal waste of time - with many side ventures into things like "viking" headboards - big disappointment, I might add - just because you cut out viking shaped thingy and put in on the bed doesn't make it "viking" headboard.

I finally got the best advise (after an hour or so of surfing) on how to decorate BEHIND a corner placed bed. Seems the best thing to do is to put a straight headboard across the corner and then a corner bookcase behind it. Might just be the way to go........

So, today was a busy enough day with a trip to Calabogie Lake for 10:30 a.m. (I have a lovely house on the lake listed) for a showing and then an open house in Renfrew. The couple who wanted to see the house in Calabogie (second showing btw) called me last night around 9 p.m. and wanted to see it this morning at 10 a.m. They actually got snippy when I mentioned I might not be able to do it in the morning. Apparently, if they couldn't see it this morning, they were "busy for the next week or so..." give me a break! Oh yeah, they showed up 1/2 hour late

Jamie turns 28 today - thanks to all who send him b-day wishes - I've passed them along to him via text messaging (which I love - will need a better texting cell phone soon).
Kris is into paint-balling big time lately. Rick spotted a good deal on KiJiJi for one and Kris couldn't get in to Ottawa fast enough to buy it. (turns out the guy was selling the gun because his son took it and blasted a couple of houses and the cops brought him home - whoops - one paintball gun for sale!!) anyway Kris and his buddies are having a great time running around the bush whacking each other with paintballs. sounds like fun, huh?

Picture today is one of Jamie taken last year

No comments:

Post a Comment