Thursday, September 17, 2009

Up to Westmeath!!!






Pictures today come from Lookout Point in Westmeath which is also not far from Whitewaer Rafting on the Ottawa River. Lookout Point was established in the late 1950's and it is simply a very high point on someone's property that has been set up with a gravel road and a gazebo at the top to get a 360 degree view. Very neat, actually. here is a link to a better explanation http://www.rossmuseum.ca/sgt_wm_lookout.htm

Funny, how we tend to forget or overlook the really cool things in our own back yard!!!

We were up in Westmeath to do a market evaluation on a cute cottage on the Ottawa River. Then back to the house for quick lunch and off to Mt. St. Patrick to show a farm I have listed. We put nearly 180 kms on the Pony today (and, yes Revenue Canada, my mileage is freaking documented with names, phone numbers, addresses, dates, times, reasons for going there and then signed in BLOOD!!!! - whew! I'm a little bitter (can ya tell???) I was audited for 2006 and 2007 - my first years in real estate and Revenue Canada didn't like my mileage log book as it didn't give enough detail - so I'm now writing a nice little novel for each trip I make - hope Revenue Canada doesn't mind reading my "rural ramblings" when they process my next income tax return... hahahahaha)

Okay, enough bitterness...

So that was pretty well our day - nice day for a drive in the Pony - may not be many nice days left, so we'll take each one we can get!

And in case you're all wondering what Rick does while I'm showing houses and meeting with clients - he brings along our Nintendo DS. A super little hand held gamer that we are both pretty well addicted to! I bought it in the winter and we play it a LOT!! I highly recommend it - a huge improvement over the old Gameboy (which we had too)

No, we're not too old to be gaming.....

No comments:

Post a Comment