Sunday, February 12, 2012

cold weekend!

Well, we haven't had much snow over the past week or so, but this weekend was quite cold.  Other than popping out Friday night to evaluate a house (very nice one), we've stuck pretty close to home this weekend.  Rick woke up yesterday with a cold - sort of came out of the blue - so not doing much seemed like a pretty good idea.  We had a nice fire today and I make some bread in the bread machine and we just watched TV and surfed.  Rick coughed and sneezed too!  I finally convinced him to  take something - which he did and seems a bit better now.

So, we're chillin' and watching the Grammy's on TV tonight.  Rick and Kris could take a pass, but I like to watch them.  Bruce Springstein opened the show and Paul McCartney is doing a couple of numbers so I'm enjoying it.  I'm glad to see they haven't totally over-shadowed the show with Whitney tributes, but I'm sure they will be one soon - must have been tough trying to whip something together in 24 hours. 

Nuthin' really exciting going on - showing houses and the usual.  I'm looking forward to the Spring when things get really busy!

We've getting lots of deer almost every evening - I really like watching them moving through our bush on the trail up to the spot where Kris puts out their food.  Rick snapped these pics tonite as they munched. And our "old lady" Tigger (we figure she's around 12 years old) peeking out of a box.




2 comments:

  1. Cats love boxes, don't they? Nice pictures; I love how the deer are all looking toward the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, the trick is to make a slight noise to startle the deer so they all look up, but not so much noise that they run away - it's a fine line......

    ReplyDelete