Sunday, February 19, 2012

I hate colds

well, Rick and I finally started to feel better this weekend.   Rick woke up a week ago, just full of cold.  His has been mostly in his chest while mine was mostly a head cold.  But we  had a couple of days where we felt pretty lousy. On Wednesday we went up to Pembroke to pick up a few things - once we got in the store, we started to fade and left with nothing more than orange juice, a fresh bottle of Robitussin for Rick and some decongestants for me!   I think we're in the home stretch now - graduated to Benelyn for dry coughs!

Still, in spite of not feeling 100 percent, we were been busy over the weekend - I had an appointment in the office yesterday to do an offer and Rick did an Open House in the afternoon.  Today we had an Open House in Calabogie which was very quiet - typical for this time of year!  Glad I bought my Nintendo DS to keep me occupied.

here's a few updates on things I've blogged about over the past year or so:

Pellet stove - still doing a very good job and I estimate we have saved close to 10,000 kilowatts since November last year.  Our average usage in months when we don't generally have either heat or a/c on (like May or September)  is around 1500 -  1700 kilowatts.  And that's about what we used in Nov. and Dec. (so almost no electric heat) and in January which was colder we still only used about 2500 kilowats (last January we used 7600 kilowatts.  So, the stove is keeping about 80 - 90 percent of our electic heat off.  Not bad!   Not only that the kitchen has never been so warm!

Kindle - I still like it for the convenience - as in having a book instantly through Amazon and  also so many free books on Amazon - BUT I found I was missing the feel of a "real" book and I must admit I still buy books.  I don't know if an e-reader will ever take the place of a real book.

Today's picture is Buddy and Nibbles curled together having a nap - they are the only onces who do that.   Last week Buddy literally jumped (quite un-expectedly) from the floor into my arms - something he has NEVER done before and no matter how hard I try, I can't get him to do again!!!!







1 comment:

  1. Nothing better than to curl up with a book when you're fighting the flu. I know what you mean about the real book feel, but I'm reading a huge hardcover right now, and I'd prefer to have it on my Kobo - it's heavy!

    ReplyDelete