Sunday, March 18, 2012

lovely weather!!!

A busy enough weekend - yesterday into the office for appointments and Rick showed a house in Douglas - DOUBLAS of all the places to be on March 17th!!!!   He had bit of a time finding a place to park the car as the house he was showing isn't too far from the Douglas Tavern - well, it is Douglas - nothing is too far from the Tavern really.  Anyway, he said the village was hopping in usual St. Paddy's day tradition.

This is how nice and warm it is out this weekend:

 - Phil and Janet picked up their Rialta yesterday - now I would have sworn that they didn't get it until lat April last year, but checking back to my old emails, I see it was around the same time as last year!  But, I don't think it was nearly this warm.

- I've got windows open, the pellet stove and heaters are all OFF. 

- I actually hung some washing out this afternoon - now THAT is is early.  Even if it is warm, I generally can't get to the back yard to the clothe's line because of the snow - but it's all melted.  Frost is coming out of the ground!!!  my my!

We listed a small hobby farm near Foresters Falls Road which has kept us hopping with showings - lots of people want to look at it!  I don't mind being busy though!

Y'know, I've said it before and I'll say it again - it's unreal the crap we buy from China that really is CRAP!  Safety pins that won't go through fabric without bending!   Now cat food lids.  We bought a couple of new plastic cat food lids - they don't fit!  They are just  a smidge too small!  You put 'em on and they pop right off!!!!!   made in China, of course!   The out-let on my stove doesn't fit the kettle plug - it sticks out about a 1/4 of an inch yet BOTH were CSA approved - kettle - from China...... 

okay, that's it - pictures today are a neighbour out for a walk (shirtless) and Nibbles having a catnap on the back of the couch


No comments:

Post a Comment