Wednesday, March 21, 2012

mosquitoes - really!!!

I read somewhere that this unusually warm weather would perhaps kill off the mosquitoes this year - but I don't think so!  Last night I got two bites sitting in my living room.  Might be a first actually - mozzie bites in March.  

On the way home tonite (driving with windows down, of course) we heard the frogs "singing" in the swamp...I mean....wetlands....man those froggies are gonna be surprised next week when it goes down to -8 at night!

It was actually warmer in Ottawa today than it was in Daytona Beach - that's something for all those snowbirds who go South for the warm weather! 

I know,  I know, it isn't going to last - I just checked the weather forecast and next week back to more seasonal temps.  But, the frost is out of the ground, lawns are raked so a few cold days will just be a "blip" in our Spring, I'm sure!

This afternoon while sitting in the living room enjoying the windows being open, I noticed a couple of piliated woodpeckers in one of the old poplar trees in the side yard.  The tree is quite hollow - I'm hoping they might nest there - but anyway, it was really neat to see them so close to the house - they really are quite a  large bird.

Things are really picking up in real estate too - listed a couple of places today - always nice! 

Today's pictures - our very own (sort of) Woody Woodpecker and a really cute little chippie hanging out in the same tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment