Tuesday, January 19, 2010

No boots









Can you believe it? Middle of January & I went for a walk in Renfrew today in my shoes! Had to side step the odd puddle, but still pretty darn good for this time of the year. However, I guess I ticked off the weather gods, because later this afternoon it started to snow! Not much accumulation, but a sign that it really is winter.

I'm hearing some grumbling from area snow-mobilers. We haven't had enough snow to groom the trails - I don't think they are even open yet(at least not around here) One of the reasons Rick gave it up - too many short seasons.

Cats are enjoying the milder weather, though - they like to run in and out...and in and out...and NEVER two at the same time. We have talked about a cat door but we're concerned they might bring their little friends home - or their dinner.... We'll talk about it some more.

I did an Open House on Sunday at a brand new garden home in Renfrew. Two couples came stopped in to look - which isn't bad for an Open House in January. Then I talked to a real estate in Ottawa who had over 30 people to her Open House. sigh..

Rick just finished playing one of those scratch Bingo Lottery games - he didn't win anything - SURPRISE!!! We sort of got hooked on them at Christmas when Kris got us one each. Actually, we seemed to win in the beginning - but now....just a bunch of losers. I'm sure it's a conspiracy - they let you win when you first start and then WHAM - you're sucked in. losers!

I printed the NASCAR schedule today and noticed that the first practice for the Bud Shoot-out is on the 4th of Feb - only a few short weeks away. Another off-season survived! LOL

today's pic was just taken - I just popped outside (to look for the cats) and I snapped this picture - to show that I really did anger the weather gods - look at the snow on Rick's Jetta! \

And Buddy having a nap - he's so freaking cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment