Wednesday, January 6, 2010
















well, it's official - I'm sick of slushy sidewalks and snowy roads! And it's only January! guess I better get over it. Not that we've had TONS of snow - it just snows a little bit every day so they can never really get things cleaned up! I also hate fussing with boots and coats. Its exhauting when showing a bunch of houses - by the last house, we're all just slinging coats over our shoulders and stomping out with boots barely on our feet - hahahha

Okay enough whining! It's January in Canada and it's gonna be cold and snowy, isn't it?????

Rick and I do want to make a run into Ottawa to do some visiting - but we are hoping for a day when there isn't any snow in the forecast so we don't have to worry about the road conditions.

And when we're in Ottawa I want to make a stop at Ikea - I need a bunch of curtain rods and Ikea has some for under $15 - which is a really good price (and they are NOT made in China)

speaking of "made in china" - I can't believe how much food I'm suddenly seeing in the grocery stores that's from China. I gotta say, I'm pretty cautious about buying food from China - I've heard they don't have quite the quality controls we have in North America....

and I REALLY don't like the way the stores try to sneak it past us - like some cans of peaches I saw at WalMart with the brand name "Austral" - which makes it sound like the peaches cane from Down Under, right??????? WRONG!! product of China - hmmmmm.....

And I don't like those vague "made from imported products" labels either! TELL ME WHERE IT CAME FROM, DAMMIT!!!!!

Anyhoo, today's picture is Nibbles looking particularly relaxed ('cuz Nibbles doesn't care WHERE her food comes from as long as is shows up in her bowl at regularly scheduled intervals of her choosing!

No comments:

Post a Comment