Tuesday, January 26, 2010

pins and needles






































not to rant about things I can't change (like the Chinese peaches & the crazy way we feed our cats) but I would like to know what happened to pins!!! Why don't they work anymore??? Back in the day (like 40 or 50 years ago) if you used safety pins or straight pins, those suckers would go through ANYTHING - layers of denim, fake leather, fake fur, burlap ...ANYTHING!!

Now, they just bend. I have a pin cushion full of bent pins and a drawer full of useless, wimpy safety pins. I have bought expensive "dressmaker's" pins and they're no better - wimpy, limp pins. Does no one at the pin factory actually sew? Do they not test them to make sure they can pierce something heavier that kleenex tissues???? I guess not!

Anyhoo, weather is back to normal - after a totally freaky day yesterday of heavy rain & warm temperatures - last nite we had cooler temps and some nice fluffy snow fell to cover up the horrible grey/brown slushy crap the rain left - everything looked very pretty this morning - nice. I'm all about the "look" - don't care what's underneath!

Kris came home tonite with "horrible" news - I was expecting the worst - maybe his car died, maybe SOMEBODY died. Turns out the stray cat he was feeding at the landfill site (the dump) had disappeared. (I like cats (obviously) but at least this disappearance means he won't be bringing another cat home...& it also explains where some of our cat food was going!)

Quite upset, Kris investigated the situation and it seems the the cat got into a dumpster of cardboard and was unceremoniously dumped into the Beaumen's Recycling truck when it made a cardboard pickup the other day. I'm not sure how many people Kris had to talk to (read interrogate) to find this out, but he wound up at Beaumen's, confirmed the story, and wandered around their yard calling for the cat (Oh, I'm sure he's named it!!! & it's probably a "her" who's about to give birth!) It would seem the cat, although lost, was unhurt as the employees at Beaumen's said it took off "pretty quick" once it was on the ground.

Kris is still worried about it, though - he just left a few minutes ago, saying that he would be out "for a little while". Damn, I should have checked his pockets for cat food...... That's my "tough" Kris!

In other animal news, one of his lizards laid an egg - which is, of course,.......exciting.......sort of. I'm thinking the other lizards eat it - but, I'm not going to say that out loud.

Things are getting busier at the office - always good news in my world!

Pictures today are, again, care of my wonderful sister-in-law, Janet - my nephew, Wes and his sister Solina Mae - pretty cute kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment