Friday, November 5, 2010

it's been a while...




can't believe it's been sooooooooooo long since I posted - been busy & a bit lazy too!!!

Well, it's hunting season in Renfrew - which means the town sort of shuts down. I don't have anything against people killing Bambi's but we have small municipal offices with a lot of "one of''s" and when they aren't around things can simply grind to a halt and no body seems to see this as an issue....except me!!! oh well...

Last Thursday Pam and Terry arrived from Sudbury in their RV. We had a lovely nice long visit over the weekend until the left (sans RV) to stay at their son's house in Ottawa for a week. I expect them back on Sunday for a last hug and chat and then they're off to winter in Florida. Generally, they head to Arizona, but this year they are staying on the East Coast. I look forward to seeing them again in the Spring and although, I know they liked the West Coast, I admit I'm thrilled to see them on a somewhat regular basis now that they are based back in Ontario!

Jamie and girlfriend Julie have rented a 1 bedroom apartment in the Carling and Kirkwood area and will move in Dec. 1st. I'm expecting a load of "stuff" from Jamie who has been sharing a house with friends and has accumulated a ton of workshop equipment & tools that will have no place in the apartment. I'm sure we'll find room for it.


Tomorrow is "sign day" - I have several houses that I have to take the signs off of, some sold signs to put up (my favorite) and some lock-boxes to reclaim. We will head from here to Renfrew to Eganville to Matawatchan, Calabogie and that will bring us full circle back to Renfrew. A quick stop at the grocery store and home. At least that's the plan .........so far.

Tomorrow is supposed to be cool but sunny- not a bad day for a long drive. We've had a couple of nasty wintery days this week. Halloween wasn't very nice and we only had about 25 kids. That's about half what we usually get and a far cry from the 75 - 80 we got many years ago.

Looking forward soooo much to Sunday when Phil and Janet are coming up with their Rialta camper to tuck away for the winter. Can't wait to see them!

today's pictures - A couple of snowy Halloween pumpkins (Kris carved them, of course) it was so windy, Rick put light bulbs in them instead of candles.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pumpkins! We always used a light bulb when I was a kid; not as spooky as candles, but much more reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, it's about time, nice to see a post, I try to keep track of your goings on via your posts.
    john
    from what was a way hot Florida to what has cooled down, but NO SNOW!

    ReplyDelete