Wednesday, December 1, 2010

ho ho ho







December 1st - time to get into Christmas action!!! Having wrapped up a couple of deals today in the office, I came home early to get started on decorating the house. I started a Christmas village several years ago, but have not put it up for the past 2 years. But, this year I decided to make the effort and I'm glad I did. It does take some effort - sort of a fussy thing, but every year I figure out a few tricks to make it easier. My goal for this year is to get a train for it!
While I worked on the village, Rick put up one of our Christmas trees. I always think of my mother-in-law when we put up the "white" tree. She loved the real trees we always used to get, but always said she would love a white or silver tree for a change. so, a few years ago, I bought this white tree with her in mind - I think she would have loved it!

Jamie and girlfriend Julie are now officially moved into their new apartment. I think the whole move had him quite stressed - I'm glad he's settled in now. Not sure about the area of town, they are in - but itis what they can afford. Hopefully, next year I can find them a house. Houses are very affordable in Renfrew. I just sold a beautiful century brick home- very elegant and in very original condition (ie: the 10 inch baseboards and wood trim don't have 20 coats of paint) anyway, I'm sure in the Glebe it would be over $500K - out here under $200K. Has a garage too!

Tomorrow Rick and I are up to Eganville for the day - I man the office and Rick studies. He's in the home stretch now - his final exam is only a week and a half away - he writes next Saturday. I'm sure he'll do as well on that one as he did on his first two exams.
Today's pictures - my village, "mom's" white Christmas tree & Buddy under the tree.

1 comment: