Sunday, December 12, 2010

Winter's here




We had no real plans to go out today seeing as we are both fighting nasty colds, but good thing we didn't have anything planned as a winter storm of wet snow and freezing rain would have kept us at home anyway.

Rick started to get this cold on Thursday and yesterday was his worst day which was, of course, the day he had to write his exam - wouldn't you know? I'm quite certain he did as well on this one as on his others, but he's naturally worried and will be relieved to get his marks (sometime next week)
I started to get sick on Friday. So, we've spent a quiet weekend at home - with our respective bottles of Buckleys cough syrup and Nyquil. In spite of not feeling well, Rick put up our living room Christmas tree and then he had to clean the lane way. So, maybe not much of a day of rest for him, now that I think about it....
This is our first "looks like it'll stay" snow - kind of pretty when it is fresh on the ground.
Not too much on the go this week - real estate is understandably quiet this time of year. But I expect it to take off in the new year.
today's picture - a view of the snow from our living room window and Nibbles and Buddy in the garland.

1 comment:

  1. Funny thing about these colds. I started one about last Thursday as well. I think the worst is over (I hope).
    I have not had a cold in year.
    john

    ReplyDelete