Sunday, November 8, 2009

Way toooooooo much driving!!!



It's been long weekend - mostly spent on the road. Had a showing in Renfrew yesterday morning and then out to Killaloe in the afternoon to show a farm to a couple coming in from out of town. AND THEY NEVER SHOWED UP!!!! Really is unbelieveable why people do this. Not so bad if it is a property in town - but Killaloe is a good hike from Renfew - 190 kms to be exact - not to mention the inconvenience to the people who got their house ready for a showing!

And then today out to Griffith and then Mt. St. Patrick - another 175 kms. Same couple - they reversed the order of the showings (on their own) so that while I was at one place, they were at the other. some days in (weekends) are like that!

On the bright side, it was super driving weather all weekend - today we took the Mustang - might have been our last drive this year with it.

I've been having an absolute blast with a new game for my Nintendo DS. For those who don't know, the Nintendo DS is sort of like the old Game Boy - but WAY BETTER!!

I just got Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box for my DS. It is a bunch of brain-teasers and puzzles loosely strung together in a story. I love it! The only thing that is awkward, is when I'm at Wal-Mart looking for a new game and the clerks ask me the age of the kids I am buying a game for!!! Haha - it's for ME!!

BTW, Jamie passed his Level One Apprenticeship for Auto Mechanics. Way to go, Kiddo!

Still no H1N1 shots out in Renfrew yet - I think Renfrew's first clinic is the 17th or 18th, I imagine I should be prepared for a long lineup - oh well!

Today's pictures - Nibbles having a nap on the back of the couch - now that it is a bit colder, she has taken over that particular spot with a good view of the back yard.

The other picture we took today - you might not be able to spot them, but it's a bunch of wild turkeys. Don't know why, but years ago some governemtn organization released hundreds of these wild turkeys - they seemed to be doing well judging from the number of them I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment