Wednesday, December 30, 2009
























As previously mentioned, real estate is REALLY quiet at the moment. I'm enjoying the down time, but I don't want to get TOO mellow or I'll get lazy. To that end, I am going in to the office pretty well every day. And, in fact, I am showing a house tomorrow afternoon - and I'm quite looking forward to it - enough sitting around.

Guess Kris is the same - he had 4 days off in a row over Christmas and by the third day, he was bored. And even though he was off, he was still going in every night around 10 o'clock to stuff the outdoor wood furnace for the shop.

We had a retirement dinner tonite for one of the agents in the office. Barry is 72 years old (and is pretty sharp AND has a better memory than I do!!) but he hurt his foot last year and has trouble getting around, so he figured it was time. I will
certainly miss having him around & I hope he drops in to the office often!

I picked up some "happy" pills for Max to keep him calmer so he won't spray. I actually had to get a prescription from the vet and fill it at the pharmacy. the label on the bottle says "Reid, Max the cat". Hahaha. hope it works!

today's pictures are not great - I took them tonite in walking back back from the restaurant. The first one is of "main street" Renfrew and the other one is the nativity scene set up at town hall.

Is it just me or does Joseph (the one on the right with the big mustache) look a LOT like Burton Cummings from The Guess Who????? (it's probably just me.....)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patti, just came across your blog, and laughed out loud about the Burton Cummings resemblance - I see it too!
    We had a cat that sprayed, a long time ago; put him on Valium and he calmed right down. Hope it works for your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb - a couple of days ago I tried spraying a scrunchie coller with this pheronome spray we have so that he is continually getting a "whiff" of the pheronomes & that seems to be helping a bit too. 'course he can take the collar off with one swipe of his paw....
    It may be the pills after all!

    ReplyDelete