Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SNOW DAY! LAZY DAY!


































The first snow storm of the year kept Rick and I at home today. We knew it was coming, so had planned to stay home anyway. In my line of work, I can do that - on the flip side, though, I have had many MANY nasty drives to get offers and waivers signed.

Staying home all day can make for a long day - I'm used to going into the office every day. I have trouble actually "working" from home - I find I'm more productive when I'm in the office. When I'm home, I tend to surf the net, watch bad daytime TV, read, drink buckets of tea and play my Nintendo DS (which I am totally adicted to)

Rick was more active - he had to snow-blow the laneway twice. For the most part, the cats seem to be enjoying the snow. Buddy likes it the most - he's been in and out all day - likes to chase the snowflakes. and Rick cleared a couple of paths around the house the he likes to run around in.

If you want a chuckle, go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Ph_Cp9a50
or just go to You Tube and search for: surprise kitty CUTE it's worth the effort, believe me!

today's picture is Rick snow-blowing the laneway. BTW, the ugly grey building in the background is our new water treatment plant. We share a well with 35 other houses and the common well used to be housed in a neat (and attactive) little log building. Several years ago (after the tainted water scandal at Walkerton and 9/11) it was decided that our well needed to be more secure. So, this squat, ugly building with chain link fence was the answer - gotta love progress!

1 comment: