Wednesday, February 10, 2010

4 days to Daytona 500




Not that I'm counting or anything, but the Daytona 500 is in a few days and I can't wait. I'm in the office today, so I'm not watching the practice on TV, but I just saw on the NASCAR webpage that Jimmie Johnson (not my favorite driver) has wrecked and will have to use a back up car, so I'm happy!

Kris has managed to get his snow-mobile running...sort of. It's his latest acquisition. Our garage is running out of room for his stuff, though. Last week, a snow-mobile and a 5 foot long aquarium - both in the garage & BOTH take up a lot of space. He said he's going to build a shed next year to hold it all (of course, he doesn't consider getting rid of any of his stuff to be a possible solution) His bedroom is full, the spare room has a set of drums, a fooz ball table (without the legs) a huge "I'm gonna-be-gone-for-a-year", suitcase and other assorted items that he has brought home from the dump! I tell myself it is good for the environment to re-cycle but this is getting crazy!

We are still having some issues with Max, the spraying cat - he is on medication to make him, "relaxed, clear-thinking, less agitated" - basically my kinda pill - but it isn't 100 percent effective. Rick keeps saying his days are numbered, but we've been saying that for a while now. I guess one of us (& Rick always gets the nasty chores) will have to make the decision to have him put down. sigh....not looking forward to that.

Fingers crossed that we don't get any real snow for the next few days - our old snow-blower is out of commission with a broken axle and Rick hasn't been having much luck getting a new axel in spite of much help from John. However, this morning Rick dropped the axel off at a shop in Westmeath and if anyone can fix or make a new axle it's Graham, so I'm hoping the blower will be back in working order soon. Meanwhile, we're watching the weather quite carefully. Or, what the hell, we'll buy a 4 wheel drive truck and just keep the laneway packed down!!! LOL


Today's first picture is of Nibbles sitting in the laneway watching for Kris to come home. Just about every night around 5, she goes out to wait for Kris and she'll just sit there staring at the road until he comes home or she gets too cold. You can see Buddy is just coming into the picture at the right hand side and he is, of course, in the next shot. These two are really neat cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment