Thursday, February 25, 2010

shure is purdy out there!






We certainly are getting a lot of snow these days! It just looks like a winter wonderland! soooo pretty. Of course, I can say that because I don't have to clean the laneway! Good thing Rick got the snow-blower back in working order. He cleaned the laneway this afternoon and will probably have to do it again tomorrow. He also cleaned a neighbour's laneway as they are away for a couple of weeks (probably somewhere warm!)

I guess this is the time of year when people head South. I've never really felt motivated to go away - we're not really "vacation" people. I have to admit, though, when I read Shelley's blog and see the pictures she took during her visit to Beruit of fabulous, old castles and ancient ruins, I think how amazing it would be be there and actually be able to touch these things instead of just looking at pictures or watching the History Channel!

But (and it's a BIG "but") I don't fly and I'm not fond of boats & deep water either (nor elevators but that's another story) so my chances of getting to Beruit are damn slim. I did read somewhere that they are planning on building a bridge from Alaska to Russia.........in about 50 years. Of course, as Rick likes to point out, even if they had a bridge, after driving across it, we'd only be in Siberia and what good is THAT going to do!

Okay, I don't like elevators because I'm always afraid they will accelerate so fast, they will fly out the top of the building. Oddly enough, I don't mind the trip down so much, although I quite imagine there is more chance of it dropping like a stone, than flying out the top! And I don't mind if it is only going up a few floors - because (obviously) the elevator can't build up enough speed in a couple of floors to fly out the top, can it? Phobias don't have to make sense!

Today's picture is the winter wonderland outside our front door (and Buddy)

1 comment: