Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm melting....



Warmish weather for this time of year - don't know what the temp was today, but the snow is certainly starting to melt.

I was out in Calabogie today to show a couple of houses. Nice day for a drive. Both nice little bungalows - both have potential. One was located on the Calabogie Creek, which runs into the Madawaska and the other one has access to the Madawaska - both priced under $130K. good buys!

Jamie says he wants to buy a place next year and either one of these would be perfect for him - but I think he would rather be in Carleton Place area as he has some friends there. We'll see next year - he's working in Barhaven right now, but that can always change. Jamie starts his Level 2 mechanics course tomorrow and says he is quite looking forward to it. He seems to really enjoy working on cars.

Congratulations to our Canadian hockey team who took gold this afternoon. Made my day!

Made it a better day really- I had been watching the NASCAR race and my favorite driver, Jeff Gordon, lead most of the race in Vegas, only to lose it in the final 10 laps to his evil team-mate, Jimmy Johnson!!! I told Jeff to take 4 tires on that last pit stop, but, oh...no, Jeff takes two (he NEVER listens to me!!) and he lost the lead to Jimmy who took 4 tires. Like I said, he NEVER EVER listens to me!

I must be an total optimist because every Sunday I watch the race and expect Jeff Gordon to win and every morning, I hop on my scales and expect to see that I've lost some weight. The reality is - Jeff rarely wins and I rarely lose.

Today's picture was one I took of Calabogie Creek when I was standing on the deck of one of the houses I was at today. As you can see, things are thawing nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment