Tuesday, February 23, 2010

snow-day











after a week or so of being able to go out and about without winter boots, I was somewhat disappointed to see fresh snow on the ground this morning. So, since I had nothing pressing to do in the office, I opted to spend the day at home.

It has pretty well snowed all day, but fairly lightly - I figure a few inches of light snow at most. Rick went out and cleared the laneway. The snow-blower appears to be working well now - we just hope the welded axle holds. I'm still of a mind to consider selling it while it is running well and buying something new. But, Rick is of the opinion that, although old, our machine is much better built than any new blower on the market, so I guess we'll just hang on to it.

I've been fairly lazy today - surfing, sorting through some books & doing some laundry. And watching the history channel - always something interesting on it.

I'm off to Pembroke tomorrow for a real estate course on the effect of the new HST (harmonized sales tax) and in the afternoon a course on the Privacy Act. These are mandatory courses we are required to take regularly. I figure between these courses, dues, E &O insurance, MLS fees etc - it runs me about $3000 annually to retain my licence. Then there's gas & advertising.

I really notice it at this time of year when I am getting my paperwork ready for filing my income tax.

Don't know if I mentioned it in previous posts, but I am on the Dr. Atkins diet - have been for a month or so now. For those of you who don't know, this is a low/no carb diet. It's easy to follow - don't eat anything white (potatoes, bread, rice,pasta, sugar - all off limits) that's pretty well it!

The only exception being dairy products, and those in small amounts. So, it's easy to follow - no portions or measures required -but it is slow to get results. At the rate I am going, it will be Fall before I can eat a slice of bread! LOL. oh well, nothing worth doing is easy!

Today's picture is our Buddy - he really is the neatest cat! He has a funny little chirpy cry instead of a "meow" like most cats. But he was outside the other night when another cat showed up and they got into a bit of a "tiff" and turns out Buddy has a "big boy" voice after all!!! He can also climb VERY high. He went about 60 feet up one of the trees behind the house and took several hours to come back down.

Budyy quite likes the snow and spent much of this morning on the maple tree in our front yard checking out the bird-feeder.

1 comment:

  1. Hi There
    Stay warm, we have finally had a few warm days in Florida but are heading back to the Florida cold, very uggly for we thin blooded folks!
    john

    ReplyDelete