Friday, January 14, 2011

got my kindle!!!


The Amazon Kindle I ordered just before Christmas came in today. Oh boy, another kind of "software" to figure out!!! Rick was a big help (of course) in setting it up and I certainly look forward to using it. As I might have mentioned in previous blogs, it is getting harder to find books in Renfrew. We had a bookstore - it closed. Wal-Mart used to sell paperbacks - bestsellers etc., now they just sell hard-covers. I got tired of reading really well-used books from the library too. So, I'll try my Kindle and see how it goes. At least I won't have to wait until we drive into Ottawa to get to Chapters.
We are still waiting for Rick's real estate licence - he faxed all the documents in last week (as per the instructions from the real estate board) only to get an email this week stating Rick's criminal record check couldn't be faxed, they required the original document, so we're still waiting! Soon, I hope!

Real estate seems to be taking off a bit early this year - I think it must be the lack of snow, as that usually keeps people indoors. I've been quite busy this week though, and the weekend is shaping up to be fairly busy as well - all good in my line of work!

A show that Rick and I have watched for years is called Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and I swear if we ever, EVER actually go down to the States, I'm going to download all the places featured on this show and try to eat at as many as we can! The food looks great! Tonite I'm watching them deep fry dill pickles in beer batter - yum - I'd dry that.

So, with a Diners Drive-ins and Dives trip being our motivation, we have actually had our passport pictures taken and just need to fill out the required passport paperwork and send it in. We've only been talking about doing this for years (and years......and years....) - I figure if we move at our usual pace, we should be good to go by 2012 - hahahaha - the year the world comes to an end according the Mayan's, right? Frankly, I think even the Mayans are sick of this 2012 thing......

Well, it's been a rather sad week this week, we heard that my sister-in-law's mother passed away, the elderly mother of a long-time real estate agent in Renfrew passed away and I guess the saddest was the passing of one of our Timminco "gals" (a bunch of us ladies who worked together at Timminco Metals keep in touch via emails and the occasional get-together) Marie was only 53 years old when she left us on Tuesday morning. She'll be very much missed by the rest of us "gals".

Todays picture is Buddy and Nibbles watching the birds at our bird feeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment