Friday, January 21, 2011

smooshed sofas





































As you can see by todays pictures, my cats (all of them) LOVE to sleep on the backs of our sofas. Therefore all our sofa backs are smooshed down. I think they like to look out the window - Rick calls the windows their "TV".






I've been meaning to mention to all and sundry, our "revelation" about laundry soap! (I know, laundry detergent....yawn....) Anyway, we were told last October by a septic installer that since we are on a septic system, we shoud avoid using liquid soap whenever possible. No body wash soap and no liquid laundry detergent! So, after eons of using liquid laundry detergent, we bought a box of powder. (here comes the revelation part....) Powder laundry soap is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper to use!!!!! I'm sure I was buying a large bottle of the liquid stuff every couple of weeks but I'm only on my second box of powder detergent since October!! I figure it's costing about 1/4 of what I was spending on the liquid stuff. imagine that!!!! But, mainly it's safer to use with a septic (the crap in the liquid soap that keeps it in a liquid state, gums up the weeping bed) So
there you go folks, if you're on a septic, don't use liquid soap!!!

It's Barrett-Jackson week on SPEEDTV this week. We've been watching that whenever possible - always entertaining to watch cars sell for like a gazillion dollars more than we can afford! it's kinda fun, though - last year they auctioned off Sonny and Cher's matching Mustangs from the 60's. One year (a memorable year for me) they auctioned off the Robosaurus. For those of you who don't know, Robosaurus is that enormous car-eating machine you see at the SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! monster truck rallys. Not that I've ever gone to a monster truck rally, or would particularly want to, I just like the Robosaurus and thought it would make a neat lawn ornament. hahahaha if you go to Youtube, there's a bunch of videos of it in action




Pictures today - smooshed sofas and Robosaurus!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that information, Patti. I didn't know liquid soap was bad for septics. I think I DID know it was more expensive, but forgot because it was convenient. Guess who is also switching back to powder?
    Our cats like the window tv as well, and we have the sofa back to prove it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again. I decided to do some looking around on the web, and everything I'm reading says that liquid is actually safer for septics than some powders! Perhaps the installer you had was mixed up? I don't know what to think!

    ReplyDelete