Sunday, December 11, 2011

great evening!

Last night saw us off it Bill and Andrea's for our annual Christmas dinner.  For the past several years they have had us and several long-time friends over for a "pre" Christmas supper where we eat, drink and yak!  As usual Andrea cooked a fabulous dinner of ham, meat pie and scalloped potatoes!  Home made bread and a cake topped off the dinner.  No low cal stuff here.  A very enjoyable evening!

We have got our house done up for the season,  even my Christmas village is up this year!   So far we've avoided the crowds at the stores - if we have to do any major shopping, we'll go in during off hours.  I think Wal-mart in Pembroke is open 24/7 until the 24th but I'm not sure I want to shop at midnight!

As to be expected real estate is pretty well dead.  Just a few things going on - nothing to get excited about.  Things will start to ramp up again in January/February. 

A month or so ago I posted a picture of a cardboard coach that I saw on the internet that was just like the one we had when I was younger. It came out every Christmas and was part of our mantle scene.   Last week I saw this one offered on ebay and I put in a bid and won the auction - hopefully it will be in before Christmas - just a nice little piece of nostalgia.....


Today's pictures - the shed Kris (and Rick) built out back  my new ebay find!

No comments:

Post a Comment