Friday, December 23, 2011

What a difference a day makes!!!

well, just in time for Christmas, we had some snow last night and it sure  helped banish the Green Christmas Blues!!   Rick even went out this morning and cleaned the laneway.  And if the cooler temps keep up, it might even stay!  Anyway, it's nice to see it in time for Christmas!

Another "just in time for Christmas" treat was going to the post office to pick up the vintage Christmas coach and horses that I bought on ebay about 2 weeks ago.  I wasn't sure it would get here in time for Christmas - it usually takes 2+ weeks for mail from the States and this was packaged in a fairly large box.  On our way into Ottawa this morning, I checked our mailbox and nothing.... but on the way home, I checked again and the card was there telling me there was a package waiting for me at the post office.  What a good thing our little Haley Station post office stayed open all day today - many businesses closed at noon!   The is identical to the one we had growing up and while the horses are different and some of the cardboard people are missing, I'm still glad I got it.  It was made by Hallmark in the late 1940's and is made from a fairly light cardboard - so it is a wonder it survived this long.

So, into Ottawa today to do some last minute shopping and to stop in to see brother Phil and his wife Janet.  Always great to visit with them even if only for a short time!  I brought a plate of our home-made treats and Janet gave me a plate of her Chistmas baking.  Why is it that somebody else's treats taste the best????

A busy enough day -we still have a few things to pick up at Wally-Mart  - groceries mostly - and since it is open until Midnight, we'll go in around 9 o'clock tonight and hope the last minute shoppers have mostly gone home!

Pictures today - our White Christmas (compare to my picture taken only a few days ago) and my "new" vintage Christmas decoration!

No comments:

Post a Comment