Thursday, December 22, 2011

still not a white Christmas

well, we had a bit of snow last night and today, but not quite enough to hide all the green grass!  I always feel kinda bad for the kiddies getting sleds and other snow toys when we don't HAVE ANY SNOW!  
I'm okay with it though.  Still don't have my boots out of the closet - but getting close to doing so. 

We've been busy last few days baking and finishing off Christmas stuff.  Today we had our office lunch with lots of goodies.  Too much food, actually!   No supper required tonight!

This afternoon, I was listening to some of the gals in the office talking about Netflix and I came away with the mindset that I, too, would sign up for Netflix right away.  Well.....after searching Netflix for several movies that I would like to watch and some new releases and discovering that Netflix had almost NONE of the movies I wanted, I decided to take a pass for now.  We're okay with our dish for the time being!   Besides we tend to watch the History channel, NatGeo and similar channels mostly - not so much movies.

I'm would like to say that I'm not in favour of the way Google and Blogspot appeart to now be in bed together.  When I'm writing my Blog, I keep getting a message that I need to download Google Chrome to get the best use of Blogspot.    But, I don't WANT Google Chrome and I quite resent being told I have to download it.

I'm noticing more and more "integrations" like this.  I even got fedup and disabled my Facebook account a few weeks ago (not that I used it anyway)   my main reason was that one day going on to my Facebook page, I discovered a new note that I had registered on the History Channel to play the new American Pickers game - which I did (stupid game - don't bother with it...) but I don't remember telling the History channel website to plaster that little bit of info on my Facebook page!!!! 
And while I'm whining.......I now have a new version of Word to get used to - CAN'T THEY JUST LEAVE IT ALONE?????   whew - I'm tired of have to learn new programs all the time. (maybe I'm just getting old....)  But, how much fun would it be if your friendly neighbourhood grocery store re-arranged all their food every couple of months????
Okay, enough, whining - my picture today was shot ajust few days ago from our front lawn - just showing how green things are.

3 comments:

  1. We looked at Netflix, too, when we cancelled our satellite service, but didn't take it, for the same reasons. We signed up with Zip.ca, which has worked out alright for us, but I can't endorse it wholeheartedly either, as you can wait a long time for the movies or shows you want; but at least they have them!
    I'm with you on "new-improved" versions of programs that work great; my favourite word program ever was Lotus Wordpro '97. I don't think it's even available anymore, but it was head-and-shoulders above anything I've used since.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty
    I am on Netflix here in Florida, the US content is much better than Canada although NO NEW TITLES, lots of old stuff. One thing you have to watch out for is Netflix downloads use a lot of Bandwidth, I am sure in Canada you pay so much for each meg of download after your allotted limit, could get expensive and Netflix type services do not mention this fact.
    Here in Florida my cable HD is digital on the internet so no download limit, real nice.
    So many things in the US are different.
    cheers
    john

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Lotus 1-2-3 and WordPerfect too. It was all I ever needed for home and work!!! Just seems to get more complicated to use although it is supposed to be more user friendly - I don't think so!!!

    I was afraid Netflix would take up a lot of band width - we're already at the top end of our alloted band width with Rogers - but then both Rick and I surf (a lot) - and I'm not sure Rogers has a home-use package that will give us anymore and I don't plan on going to a business package (not yet anyway....)

    ReplyDelete