Monday, December 12, 2011

still unseasonably warm!

I think I'm  getting used to having a green Christmas but I can't say I like it!  And unless we get some colder weather and some real snow it's gonna be another green one!  I remember shopping down on Sparks Street 30+ years ago at this time of year and there was ALWAYS a lot of snow.  Now I barely break out a winter coat and boots until January!

Rick got a start on wrapping presents today and then a quick run into town to finish up some shopping- I think we'll call it DONE!   Although there are always a FEW last minute things to pick - but we've still got nearly two weeks to go!

Tonite I'm watching White Christmas -a nice old movie I enjoy every year at this time!  Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye singing "Sisters" in semi-drag is just plain good entertainment! 

So far our pellet stove is working well - we haven't had any heat on at all since installation.  Of course, it hasn't been all that cold, but we still would have had the heaters on during the past month.  I'm curious to see what our energy usage is for the month of November.

Supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow - fortunately we don't have much on the go and may just stay put for the day.

Picture today is my village - I got Rick to make me a base with a bunch of holes drilled in it.  So now I just have to stick the lights up through the holes and pop the houses over the lights.  All the cords are hidding under the wooden base.  Worked very well, I must say!

1 comment: