Monday, October 19, 2009

Another fine day in the Valley








We got up this morning with the intention of driving into Ottawa for the day - do a bit of shopping (both window and real) but on the way through Renfrew I stopped at the office and discovered I was on duty this afternoon.

Duty time is when one agent is assigned to answer the real estate phone lines and sometimes you get a few "cold calls" (inquiries from people who are not currently working with an agent) and also any people coming into the office looking for information on listings. Can sometimes be a long boring stretch, but can also mean a listing or buyer - so we all do our "duty time".

I should have known I was on duty since I make up the schedule - but I forgot. So, we put off our trip to the big city for another day.

And.....I had a looooong boring afternoon! Ha!

We will try again later in the week.

Rick has managed to get a good supply of wood for the winter - all pretty well dead-fall and still more in the bush. Kris has cut and split a lot of it too. This is the perfect time of year for a fire - we are certainly enjoying our fireplace.

Today's picture - Kris and Rick's wall of wood! (and Nibbles having a cat nap)

1 comment: