Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving







We had a nice thanksgiving dinner with the boys this afternoon. I had not planned on cooking a turkey, actually, but changed my mind yesterday while shopping, and I was lucky enough to snag the last fresh bird at the grocery store. At Jamie's request, I made a cheesecake and at Rick's request, I made tea bisquits.

I must admit, I don't bake like I used to, but things turned out okay, anyway.

Jamie wasn't feeling great - he's fighting a cold. Ditto for Rick and Kris - I'm fine - (so far anyway) - but the boys were reaching for the Buckleys quite a lot.

But didn't stop them from cutting some firewood in the bush before dinner. In fact, they all said the fresh air felt good. Personally, when I'm sick, I prefer a good book, cozy fire and hot tea....

Rick snapped these pictures of the boys playing lumber jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment