Saturday, October 10, 2009

what have I been doing?????


I can't believe I haven't written anything in my blog since Monday!!! Not sure why - guess I've been busy.

A lot of running around with real estate "stuff". Been a nice week for weather - I like this time of year.

Had a garage sale today. Last week my neighbour, Joan, asked me if I wanted to do a garage sale with her - I THOUGHT she said the week AFTER Thanksgiving weekend - but, she meant the THIS weekend!!! So, I was sort of scrambling to get my stuff ready. Actually we didn't have much to put out for the sale - all summer, we've been cleaning closets and throwing things out - so I didn't have a lot.

Besides, garage sales usually mean getting up at 7 a.m., hauling all your "stuff" out and then around 3 o'clock in the afternoon, after having made a whopping twenty or thirty bucks, you get to put most of it BACK in the house!!! We did manage to make around $30 - yeah!!!! And Rick sold an old welder for $100 to some guy, who said he would be back to get it and pay for it later, but he hasn't come back yet, so that is technically not a sale....yet

Rick continues to work on the house - has finished the venting on the front of the house and has moved the scaffolding to the back of the house to do the venting and install eavestroughing & paint - big job!!

We're heading up to Griffith tomorrow to show a property, then back to Renfrew to get some groceries for dinner on Monday & then home in time for the race. Jamie should be up on Monday - will be nice to see him and hear how his course is going.

Picture today is our fireplace with some lovely new tea light holders that our friends gave us last week - can't have toooooooo many candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment